Interested in Selling your Primary Residence?
Now that you have made the decision to sell your lodging property, you will need the very best representation and service available. You will want to find a Realtor, sales agent, or broker who can reach out to the largest pool of buyers in the marketplace, and who is willing to share your listing and split his or her commission equally with other agencies, ensuring that your property gets the exposure it deserves.
As former innkeepers, we have been in the same position you are in now, and can provide you with insightful, firsthand knowledge of what is involved in the selling process, step by step. We will work closely with you while you consider the following:
Establishing the selling price
- How much do you think your property is worth?
- How will the Vermont and Federal Capital Gains Taxes affect your pricing strategy? Will you sell if you owe the government more money than you expected?
- We will complete a comparative market analysis, based upon your property vs. other sales in Vermont, to help you establish a selling price.
- What makes your business worth more than other comparable properties? Your employees, improvements, occupancy rate, expansion possibilities. There are the other unique values which are crucial in determining a selling price such as history, location, awards and ratings, and respect in the community.
Listing and Marketing with Lang McLaughry Spera Associates
When you sign a contract with Lang, Vermont’s leading Real Estate company, we will:
- personally coordinate communication with all other brokers, agents, and Realtors to sell your property, including confidentiality agreements;
- develop a detailed marketing plan including professional presentation packages, creative advertising for trade publications and the internet, and network within the lodging industry;
- utilize our financial and inn-keeping experience to assist you in gathering marketing data such as occupancy rates, gross revenues, expenses, employment data, promotional materials, property appraisals and surveys, licenses, fire and health inspections, etc;
- contact potential buyers who have shown interest in your type of property, whether a B&B, Inn, Lodge, Hotel, Motel, Resort, Campground, or Farm Stay;
- our Listing Agreement guarantees in writing that we will share our commission equally with all other brokerage firms to insure that your property is sold expeditiously;
- pre-qualify all potential buyers.
Negotiation and Closing
Once an agreement has been made between you and the buyer, we will:
- prepare a Purchase and Sales Agreement;
- coordinate and monitor inspectors, appraisals, attorney reviews;
- communicate closely with State agencies, mortgage companies and banks;
- be proactive concerning any and all issues which may arise during the closing process;
- assist you in putting a training plan together for your new buyers;
- congratulate you and wish you every success in your next venture!
Overcoming Buyer Fear